8 Ways to Apply UX to Your Website
Front-end Web Developer and Blogger
How fast do you usually leave a site if the user experience is subpar?
There’s a very high chance that visitors to your website will do the same if you don’t have good user experience (UX) even if you have amazing content.
Let’s review a few of the ways you can apply UX to your website.
- Make use of convention
- Logo placed on the top-left corner
- Main navigation menu places highest up on the page, on the right side or centred
- Contact included in the navigation menu
- Call to Action button at the top
- The search feature in the header
- Social media links (as icons) in the footer
- Sign-up form in the footer
Maintain visual & Typography Hierarchies
- Title (h1)
- Heading (h2)
- Paragraph / Body texts
- Type Contrast
Format text for the kids
- Use as sens-serif font for better readability
- Use plenty of headings
- Keep paragraphs short
- Use bulleted lists
- Highlight key terms
Don’t let your website shout
- Use white-space
- You don’t need too many popups. Popups should notify, not annoy.
- A simple, clean design always wins
If it should be clicked. make it obvious
Links & Buttons
- A link is usually underlined and coloured. which changes on hover, focus and visited. Make sure the colors are set different for all of these different actions.
- A button can be easily identified when they have shadow, different( darker), background-color or bold text. The shadows can increase or colors can change on hover and click.
Omit needless words
People never read content, they scan !!
- Remove everything that doesn’t directly affect people’s decisions
- Don’t want to overwhelm people with too much content
The deal is, people are visual
- Use images, info-graphics, slideshows, videos and Gifs 🤩
- Optimize your page speed
- Use images (wisely )
- Keep your website pages consistent
- Catch your 404s
- Be responsive and mobile-friendly
- Use main navigation – secondary(mega) navigation
- Use footer navigation, Mobile navigation (Side Drawer), Bottom navigation bar, Tabs
🤩Thanks For Reading | Happy Coding ⌚
Also published here.
Create your free account to unlock your custom reading experience.